There’s a story you need to know about… It has to do with a detox for health.
It’s something I discovered back in 2005, but it’s still very relevant. And it could be the source of crippling illness or disease.
If you’ve never heard this before, hold onto your chair. You’re in for a wild ride.
Your Chemical “Body Burden”
We live in a luxurious, high-tech world. But it comes with a price.
The chemicals and industrial solvents that make our lifestyle possible are poisonous. And they’re flowing through your blood as you read this letter.
In 2005, the nonprofit Environmental Working Group published the results of a sobering study. After analyzing the blood of newborn babies from around the country, they discovered 287 chemicals and other toxins.1
One of the pesticides that turned up the most was a by-product of DDT, a pesticide banned in 1972.
They also found:
- 76 chemicals that cause cancer in humans and animals.
- 94 that are toxic to the brain and nervous system.
- 79 that cause birth defects or abnormal development.
It’s hard to believe, but we’re being poisoned before we take our first breath!
And it’s not limited to newborns. A few years ago, PBS aired a Bill Moyers special called “Trade Secrets: A Moyers Report.” In it, Bill Moyers volunteered to have his blood and urine tested for chemical and toxic threats.2
The results were not surprising: 84 distinct chemicals, solvents and toxins known to cause cancer and other diseases. These chemical residues – termed the “chemical body burden” – are present in every human being on this planet, regardless of where you live or what you do.
Dr. Michael McCally of Mt. Sinai School of Medicine in New York, who led the research team for the Bill Moyers report made this comment:
“Current ‘normal’ body burdens of dioxin and several other [chemicals] in humans are at or near the range at which toxic effects occur in laboratory animals.”
We now know the average person is carrying enough toxins to cause disease, especially cancer.
What Can You Do About It?
I strongly recommend you go to the Environmental Working Group website and read about this for yourself. You’ll find a wealth of information about the study on newborns I didn’t have space to tell you about here.
Here’s a link: http://www.ewg.org/reports/bodyburden2/execsumm.php
This website also has a lot of other research on other issues that may be important to you and your family. Well worth a look.
You can also add chlorophyll, spirulina or other “green foods” to your diet.
Chlorophyll connects to cancer-causing toxins in the gut and prevents them from being absorbed. Barley grass contains unique amino acids that create a type of “cage” around deadly toxins and carry them out of your body.
This is actually a form of chelation.
During the process of chelation, the amino acids in barley grass, spirulina and chlorophyll grab onto toxins, chemicals and heavy metals flowing through your blood stream and literally drag them out of your system for elimination.
Here’s what some of the world’s leading researchers are saying about the detoxifying power of spirulina:
- In an Oregon State University study, laboratory animals were exposed to a potent cancer-causing substance. The animals given a chlorophyll [spirulina] supplement prior to exposure developed far fewer tumors than the animals who were not given the supplement. The researchers believe that chlorophyll may reduce the risk of developing skin, stomach, colon, and liver cancers.3
- Important to note in the area of prevention, spirulina is richly supplied with the blue pigment phycocyanin, which has been shown to inhibit cancer-colony formation.4
- Not only has spirulina been shown to reduce the risk of cancer, help prevent blood clots and lower blood pressure, but Japanese scientists have discovered that it can also help detoxify the blood and maintain energy levels.5
You’ve probably heard about these green foods before… and you can find them at most health food stores. They’re one of your best options for detoxifying your blood.
They’re available as capsules or as a powder you mix into a drink.
Stay tuned… I’ll write to you again soon about OTHER ways to getting chemicals, toxins and heavy metals out of your body.
1 Environmental Working Group. Body Burden – The Pollution in Newborns. July 14, 2005. www.ewg.org.
3 Janet Zand, LAc OMD; Allan Spreen, MD CNC; James LaValle, RPh ND. Smart Medicine For Healthier Living. p.164
4 Paul Pitchford. Healing With Whole Foods. p.192
5 Glenn Geelhoed, MD; Jean Barilla, MS. Natural Health Secrets. p.22
© Copyright 2012 Discovery Health Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.